Plant City, FL
An Electrical Engineer is responsible for developing electrical devices and testing them for safety and efficiency. Their duties include managing the manufacturing process for new electrical equipment, using design software to produce schematics and overseeing the installation process of their designs. This employee shall be highly involved in training programs aimed at continuous improvement, maintaining maximum production capability, minimizing risk, maintaining and improving the facilities mechanical integrity and reliability. This position can and will involve basic purchasing activities.
- Understanding and implementing designs from technical drawings
- Interacting with contractors and customers using verbal and written communication
- Creating product documentation and records
- Preparing cost estimates for customers and other employees
- Inspecting electrical components during and after the product installation
- Survey electrical systems, circuits and plans Inspect and test components of electrical systems
- Identify parts /components for machines and communicate need to Lead.
- Follow all established work procedures to make decisions and act in a minimum supervision environment to achieve a safe, environmentally sound, and reliable facility operation.
- Ensure attention to detail, including the Working knowledge of the entire plant operation and open communication with other departments, contractors and plant personnel.
- Communication and interaction with Management and other plant personnel of any and all plant problems and upsets.
- Participate in the training of other group members (share your knowledge).
- Ability to act independently with minimal supervision as of the facility on a continuous basis.
- Ability to test and troubleshoot electrical and control components and systems.
- Apply the lasted codes and engineering standards related to job tasks.
- Prepare material purchase specifications for components and auxiliary items related to job tasks.
- Prepare project related drawings, including schematics, loop diagrams and other documentation related to the project or task.
- Comply with company documentation procedures
- Provide Field assistance where necessary
- Experience of working in AutoCad, Ethernet and fiber network, PLC and HMI
- Willing to work overtime, holidays and weekends as requested by management.
- Demonstrated team and leadership skills. Attention to detail, adaptability, being a self-starter, demonstrate integrity, honesty, and have the ability to learn new skills to allow them to be successful in their career.
- Must be able to read and understand blueprints, wiring diagrams, schematics and illustrated part breakdowns.
- Must be a team player, organized, self-motivated and able to prioritize. Must have solid time management and organizational skills. Must be flexible to a changing work environment. Must be familiar with windows-based software and MS Office applications.
- Ability to adapt to changing situations and to handle demands with flexibility and professionalism
- Good manual dexterity and eye-hand coordination
- Must have reliable transportation; prefer local candidate
- Knowledge of electrical theory, national electrical code and local electrical and building codes
- Strong troubleshooting and critical thinking skills
- Good oral, written communication skills
- Ability to work well with others and be self-directed with general supervision
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office programs)
- Minimum, Associate degree Electrical Engineering minor in Automation and controls.
- Possess a combination of skills in electrical and instrumentation
- Successfully pass job knowledge assessment testing
TRAINING TO BE PROVIDED:
- All applicable OSHA/ Safety
- Quality Procedures and Job Specific SOP’s.
- Initial on the job training as determined by supervisor with complete documentation of material trained on by supervisor.
- Further on-the-job training and off-site training as determined by the supervisor (or employee with supervisory approval) with complete documentation of material trained on.
- Computer training as applicable.
No supervisory responsibilities
Ability to lift 50 lbs. when required. While performing the duties of the job, the employee is
regularly required to stand, walk, climb ladders and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision
abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth
perception, and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne
particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment can be
loud. Proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) will be provided and must be worn.
This job description has been approved by all levels of management: