Plant City, FL
Instrumentation and Electrical Engineer
Reports to: Plant Manager
Anuvia Nutrients a sustainable fertilizer company is seeking to fill this key position which is responsible for the Instrumentation & Electrical Engineering Projects for our Plant City, FL and our Zellwood, FL operations. This role would lead our Instrumentation and Controls programs and would work closely with our Operation and Maintenance Teams. This role reports directly to our Plant Manager and would be responsible for the engineering projects to support the whole facility. Effective communications and interactions, cross-functionally with our operations, maintenance and finance teams will be essential to achieve success.
JOB SUMMARY: (includes the following and other duties as assigned)
• Follows all Company, Site, Federal, State and Local Rules and Regulations. Develop and follow established work procedures to make decisions and act in a manner to achieve safe, environmentally sound and reliable operations.
• Key member of the operations and maintenance teams to ensure that the plant production plans, maintenance plans and continuous improvement projects are executed to meet the business needs in a timely manner.
• Designing, maintaining, implementing, or improving electrical instruments, facilities, components, automation, and other systems for our plants.
• Collaborating with operations and maintenance teams to discuss existing and potential projects or problems.
• Ensuring that installation and operations conform to standard requirements by preparing electrical systems specifications or drawings and performing audits.
• Establishing construction, manufacturing or installation standards or specifications by performing a wide range of detailed calculations and evaluations.
• Ensuring compliance with specifications and codes, by directing or coordinating installation, manufacturing, construction, maintenance, documentation, support or testing activities.
• Writing reports and compiling data regarding existing and potential electrical, instrumentation and automation projects and studies.
• Preparing specifications for purchases of electrical equipment, instrumentation and materials.
• Supervising or training team members and technicians.
• Estimating material, labor, or construction costs for budget preparation.
• Maintaining instrumentation, electrical and automation equipment.
• Prepare project reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
• Maintain CMMS software and electrical documentation.
• Work with the maintenance/operations department to troubleshoot equipment failures and propose solutions to prevent recurrence.
• Identify bad actors and develop cost effective alternatives.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, participating in professional societies.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Reviews and controlling cost within budget will also be critical.
• Requirements analysis
• Design skills
• Presenting/Communicating technical information
• Electrical System Knowledge
• National Electric Code Knowledge
• Conceptual skills
• Quality focus
• General consulting skills
• Control engineering and programming (DCS & PLC)
• Project planning
• Interpersonal Skills
• Oral Communication Skills
• Written Communication Skills
• Professionalism & teamwork
• Math Aptitude
• Time Management
• Computer Literacy
• ERP system experience helpful
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office software
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
BS/MS in Electrical Engineering or equivalent with a minimum of at 3 years of experience in production, operations and/or maintenance experience. Experience in using or a desire to learn required software. Licensed as a professional engineer a plus. Knowledge of applicable codes related to electronic engineering.
Proficient in design and calculation software.
TRAINING TO BE PROVIDED:
All applicable OSHA/ Safety
Quality Procedures and Job Specific SOP’s.
Initial on the job training as determined by supervisor with complete documentation of material trained on by supervisor.
Further on-the-job training and off-site training as determined by the supervisor (or employee with supervisory approval) with complete documentation of material trained on.
Computer training as applicable.
No supervisory responsibilities
Ability to lift 50 lbs. when required. While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, climb ladders and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment can be loud. Proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) will be provided and must be worn.
This job description has been approved by all levels of management: