Plant City, FL
Instrumentation & Electrical Technician
These individual shares responsibility for the overall electrical maintenance, mechanical integrity and reliability of the plant. This individual shall be able to troubleshoot and perform repairs as needed. This employee shall be highly involved in training programs aimed at continuous improvement, maintaining maximum production capability, minimizing risk, maintaining and improving the facilities mechanical integrity and reliability. This position can and will involve basic purchasing activities.
- Assist in the installation, maintenance, modification and repair of all electrical systems and associated electrical equipment within the plant
- Survey electrical systems, circuits and plans Inspect and test components of electrical systems
- Participation in the facility safety practices and demonstrate a responsible commitment to safety.
- Modify PLC programming using Function block, sequential flow Charts And ladder logics.
- Troubleshoot Programming faults on DCS systems including faults with wiring and communication between DCS components.
- Identify parts /components for machines and communicate need to Lead.
- Follow all established work procedures to make decisions and act in a minimum supervision environment to achieve a safe, environmentally sound, and reliable facility operation.
- Assists operators in troubleshoots and perform repairs on instruments, control and electrical power systems to include Chemical delivery and conveyor systems.
- Technician must maintain accurate and up-to-date documentation of All jobs using CMMS system.
- Ensure attention to detail, including the Working knowledge of the entire plant operation and open communication with other departments, contractors and plant personnel.
- Communication and interaction with Management and other plant personnel of any and all plant problems and upsets.
- Participate in the training of other group members (share your knowledge).
- Ability to act independently with minimal supervision as of the facility on a continuous basis.
- Perform additional duties as requested.
- Willing to work overtime, holidays and weekends as requested by management.
- Rotation of weekly on-call duties and carry cellphone.
- Possess a combination of skills to include basic electrical and instrumentation skills
- Demonstrated team and leadership skills. Attention to detail, adaptability, being a self-starter, demonstrate integrity, honesty, and have the ability to learn new skills to allow them to be successful in their career.
- Must be able to read and understand blueprints, wiring diagrams, schematics and illustrated part breakdowns.
- Must be a team player, organized, self-motivated and able to prioritize. Must have solid time management and organizational skills. Must be flexible to a changing work environment. Must be familiar with windows-based software and MS Office applications.
- Ability to adapt to changing situations and to handle demands with flexibility and professionalism
- Good manual dexterity and eye-hand coordination
- Must have reliable transportation; prefer local candidate
- Knowledge of electrical theory, national electrical code and local electrical and building codes
- Strong troubleshooting and critical thinking skills
- Good oral, written communication skills
- Ability to work well with others and be self-directed with general supervision
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office programs)
- Minimum of HS Diploma/GED; Associate degree Electrical/Electronic Engineering minor in Automation and controls.
- Possess a combination of skills in electrical and instrumentation
- Successfully pass job knowledge assessment testing
TRAINING TO BE PROVIDED:
- All applicable OSHA/ Safety
- Quality Procedures and Job Specific SOP’s.
- Initial on the job training as determined by supervisor with complete documentation of material trained on by supervisor.
- Further on-the-job training and off-site training as determined by the supervisor (or employee with supervisory approval) with complete documentation of material trained on.
- Computer training as applicable.
Ability to lift 50 lbs. when required. While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, climb ladders and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment can be loud. Proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) will be provided and must be worn.