Plant City, FL
Laboratory Chemist Technician
Anuvia Plant Nutrients Corporation (“Anuvia”) operates a sustainable fertilizer manufacturing plant which has established Anuvia as an industry leader in the manufacture of organically enhanced inorganic fertilizers. The Anuvia process utilizes conventional granular fertilizer technology enhanced by addition of its’ proprietary technology for organics processing to create a high-value, organic enhanced commercial fertilizer product. Our product nutrient concentrations for nitrogen-phosphorus-potassium-sulfur-iron-organics (N-P-K-S-Fe-Org) exceed the nutrient levels of most organics-containing products.
Anuvia is currently seeking a Laboratory Technician to be an essential part of the Anuvia team. The successful candidate will be responsible for operating the quality control (“QC”) laboratory for Anuvia, be involved in multiple R&D projects and assist in operating the Anuvia demonstration plant facility. This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious, motivated person.
The Lab Technician will report directly to the Anuvia Lab Supervisor at Zellwood.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Conduct laboratory QC operations safely, including testing, analyses, and reporting.
• Testing will include sampling, compositing and processing and storage of samples.
• Analyses will include common nutrients such as total N, total S, total P, total K, and Fe.
• Comprehension of analysis of USEPA heavy metals and organics.
• Learn to operate standard and specialized laboratory equipment including but not limited to: ICP, HPLC, centrifuges, spectrometers, and elemental analyzers.
• Work with Anuvia staff in conducting R&D operations.
• Assist Anuvia management to achieve company goals and objectives.
• Operate in compliance with all plant and company SOP’s.
• Create and maintain reports for upper management that provide a comprehensive analysis of all aspects of quality control.
• Proactive in all aspects of safety and risk management programs.
• Research, update, and complete manuals, and technical information for all quality control operations.
• Prepare scope of work for modifications or new projects when required.
• Train plant personnel in proper sampling procedures, operation of QC and R&D equipment and QC record keeping when requested by the Lab Manager.
Note: This is a summary of chemist technician responsibilities and is not intended to include all duties which may be assigned.
• Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Experience in maintaining laboratory equipment.
• Experience with computer use, specifically Word and Excel spreadsheet programs.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently.
• Prior experience with fertilizer laboratory a plus.
B.S. degree (preferably in chemistry, or chemical engineering)
Analytical chemistry training, especially ICP experience, is a plus.
Effectively communicate and understand job instructions both verbally and written in English language.
Ability to lift 50 lbs. when required. While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, climb ladders and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment can be loud. Proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) will be provided and must be worn.