Plant City, FL
Anuvia Nutrients a sustainable fertilizer company is seeking to fill this key position which is responsible for the Mechanical Engineering and Project Management for our Plant City, FL and our Zellwood, FL operations. This role would lead our Maintenance & Reliability programs and would work closely with our Operation and Maintenance Teams. This role reports directly to our Plant Manager and would be responsible for the engineering projects to support the whole facility. Effective communications and interactions, cross-functionally with our operations, maintenance and finance teams will be essential to achieve success.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Follows all Company, Site, Federal, State and Local Rules and Regulations. Develop and follow established work procedures to make decisions and act in a manner to achieve safe, environmentally sound and reliable operations.
2. Key member of the operations and maintenance teams to ensure that the plant production plans, maintenance plans and continuous improvement projects are executed to meet the business needs in a timely manner.
3. Develop manufacturing processes for the plant by designing and/or modifying existing equipment to improve productivity or quality.
4. Design mechanical systems and processes for the plant by developing and testing specifications/methods and by soliciting observations from operators/maintenance/vendors.
5. Evaluate mechanical systems and products by designing and conducting research programs and applying principles of mechanics, thermodynamics, hydraulics, heat transfer, and materials.
6. Prepare project reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
7. Provide engineering information by answering questions and requests.
8. Keep equipment operational by coordinating with maintenance and repair services; following manufacturer’s instructions and established procedures; and requesting special services where needed.
9. Maintain information systems and product data base.
10. Completes projects by training and guiding maintenance technicians.
11. Work with the maintenance department to troubleshoot equipment failures and propose solutions to prevent recurrence.
12. Lead the OSHA PSM Mechanical Integrity program.
13. Identify bad actors and develop cost effective alternatives.
14. Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, participating in professional societies.
15. Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
16. Reviews and controlling cost within budget will also be critical.
• Requirements analysis
• Design skills
• Presenting/Communicating technical information
• Equipment maintenance
• Conceptual skills
• Quality focus
• General consulting skills
• Control engineering
• Project planning
• Interpersonal Skills
• Oral Communication Skills
• Written Communication Skills
• Math Aptitude
• Time Management
• Computer Literacy
• ERP system experience helpful
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office software
BS/MS in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent with a minimum of at 3 years of experience in production, operations and/or maintenance experience. Experienced in CAD, CAM, and/or Matlab/LabView programs
Effectively communicate and understand job instructions both verbally and written in English language.
Ability to lift 50 lbs. when required. While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, climb ladders and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment can be loud. Proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) will be provided and must be worn.