Plant City, FL
Operations Shift Supervisor
The Production Shift Supervisor will oversee one of the four shift production teams in the facility. The Shift Supervisor will give direction to operators and make decisions to meet production requirements. The Shift Supervisor is also responsible for maintaining a safe work environment and enforcing company EHS policy.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (include the following, however, other duties may apply.)
- Be the steward of Anuvia professionalism, accountability, productivity, continuous improvement, and strong work ethic (Anuvia culture)
- Supervise and maintain 7-8-member production crew.
- Understand and comply with applicable OSHA regulations and Anuvia environmental, health and safety procedures e.g. Safe Work and Life Critical permits: lock-out tag-out, line breaking, etc.
- Write and review permits, PJRA, JSA’s, L.O.T.O procedures as appropriate.
- Maintain safe, clean, and orderly work areas.
- Address any safety incident with a documented incident report, communicated to Manager asap.
- Have open and regular discussion with operators to address any safety concerns or needs that may occur.
- Work, act, and direct with a sense of urgency to meet business needs.
- Review daily instruction book from Production Manager prior to the start of each shift.
- Convey production requirements to team including rate, quality specs and tonnage.
- Review hourly product lab results and consult with operators for changes when needed.
- Complete and distribute the “end-of-shift” supervisor report(s) to appropriate personnel.
- Collect, review, and provide Manager with shift Round sheets. Note and act on variances.
- Keep regular check on raw inventories of chemicals, additives, and bulk raw materials to assure a continuous process of production is maintained.
- Address any time or pay issue of the team members.
- Assure that operators have the tools and safety equipment needed to do safe work.
- Willingness to comply with a stringent EHS policy and be comfortable working in a strong safety culture.
- Implement performance and policy violations in accordance with disciplinary policy (Employee Handbook) and in a fair and consistent manner.
- Complete performance assessments and provide feedback to direct reports.
- Cross-train team members and write/update SOPs and work instructions as appropriate.
- Perform all other duties as assigned or needed.
Supervise and maintain 7–8-member production crew
- Ability to react quickly to adverse situations.
- Ability to work well with others and maintain good working environment.
- Programming skills for process automation and experience working with DCS software is a plus.
- Possess mathematical skills and understand chemical process.
- Strong computer skills; Excel, Microsoft Word
- Ability to provide solutions quickly and accurately even in stressful situations.
- Able to exercise independent judgment prior to consultation with supervisor.
- Must have a hands-on approach and strong work ethic.
- Strong leader with excellent decision-making skills; easily interacts with and develops direct reports.
- Proven ability to build and develop strong relationships.
- Able to pass employment drug test.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or GED required.
- 5+ years of relevant management experience in agricultural / fertilizer / chemical or a combination in supervisory, education, and work experience
- 5+ years of board operations in fertilizing or similar preferred
- 5+ years’ experience working with ammonia preferred
Effectively communicate and understand job instructions both verbally and written in the English language.
Ability to perform basic mathematical computations. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Ability to lift 50 lbs. when required. While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, climb ladders, and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. Exposure to heights, noise, extreme weather conditions, and areas where hazardous chemicals are present. The noise level in the work environment can be loud. Proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) will be provided and must be worn.
Plant operates 24/7 with rotating shifts including nights, weekends, and holidays. Ability to adapt to changing situations and to handle competing demands with flexibility. Rotating shift work a must.