Plant City, FL
The Operations Trainee is an introductory internship role to learn the basics of fertilizer operations at the Anuvia Plant City site. This role is responsible for learning the basic skill sets of Material Handling and Field Operations and to help with the plant daily operations where needed. Successfully demonstrating positive skills in this role will help with the understating of the industry as well as the potential for future opportunities with Anuvia.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (include the following, however, other duties may apply.)
- Comply with OSHA and Anuvia safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Follows all safety procedures e.g. lock-out tag-out, line breaking, confined space entry etc.
- Participate in regular safe start-ups and shut-downs of operating systems.
- Make hourly checks of systems to assure unit is running in normal operating condition and make any needed adjustments to system.
- Analyze data provided to determine if adjustments are needed to maintain normal operating conditions.
- Troubleshoot process equipment and convey any issues to Operators.
- Lend assistance to other facility jobs and job shadowing as directed by the Shift Supervisor.
- Communicate unloading/loading instructions as required.
- Train and participate on emergency response as needed. Training in first aid/CPR required.
- Assist in clean-up of facility as needed and good house keeping.
No supervisory responsibilities
- Prior knowledge of product operations and transfer systems are a plus.
- Possess mathematical and scientific aptitude and the patience to pursue complex problems methodically
- Payloader and/or skid-steer experience is a plus
- Able to exercise independent judgment prior to consultation with supervisor
- Must have a hands-on approach and strong work ethic
- Able to pass employment physical and drug testing
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma, GED or greater
- Willingness to comply with a stringent EHS policy and be comfortable working in a strong safety culture.
- Must have above average oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work well with others and be self-directed with only general supervision
- Computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel)
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to maintain focus when working individually.
- Team player: within department and with other departments
- Eye for details
- Effectively communicate and understand job instructions both verbally and written
- Ability to perform basic mathematical computations. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Ability to lift 50 lbs. when required. While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, climb ladders, and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is potentially exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The ability to wear a respirator is a requirement. Proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) will be provided and must be worn.