Plant City, FL
Anuvia Plant Nutrients is an innovative sustainable fertilizer startup company based in Florida which is focused on a patented approach to being environmentally, socially, and economically sustainable. Anuvia is looking for an experienced Process Engineer to be responsible for Anuvia’s process design, operation, and implementation in our Plant City Location. The successful candidate will be able to improve our industrial processes in order to maintain efficiency, reduce cost, improve sustainability and maximize profitability.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (include the following, however, other duties may apply.)
- Develop, configure, and optimize the Anuvia industrial processes from inception through to start up and certification.
- Design, run, test and upgrade systems and processes.
- Develop best practices, routines, and innovative solutions to improve production rates and quality of output.
- Perform process simulations.
- Assess processes, take measurements, and interpret data.
- Troubleshooting is a key skill.
- Manage cost and time constraints.
- Perform risk assessments.
- Provide process documentation and operating instructions.
- Lead small capital projects.
- Comply with OSHA and Anuvia safety regulations.
Indirect leadership responsibilities.
- Proven work experience in process engineering.
- Excellent technical skills.
- Knowledge of process related standards.
- Experience in process simulations.
- Working knowledge of process engineering software packages.
- CAD or AutoCad skills.
- Instrumentation and automation knowledge a plus.
- Familiarity with health and safety regulations.
- Analytical thinker with interpersonal skills.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- BS degree in Chemical Engineering or similar
- 5 years plus experience a positive
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to maintain focus when working individually.
- Team player: within department and with other departments
- Eye for details
- Effectively communicate and understand job instructions both verbally and written
- Ability to perform basic mass and energy balance computations. Ability to apply engineering concepts to practical situations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Ability to lift 50 lbs. when required. While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, climb ladders, and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is potentially exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The ability to wear a respirator is a requirement. Proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) will be provided and must be worn.