Plant City, FL
The Production Manager is responsible for the safe and environmentally compliant operation of the Plant City facility. This position will manage and execute all shift operations schedules, appropriately delegate tasks and hold Shift Supervisors accountable to achieve company goals in safety, production and quality. Communicate daily operational plan to the Shift Supervisor and Management team. Possess department specific understanding of process and equipment, articulate how a process works and be able to teach and coach assigned team. Oversee the department’s employee training program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (include the following, however, other duties may apply.)
- Comply with OSHA and Anuvia safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Follows all safety procedures e.g., lock-out tag-out, line breaking, confined space entry etc.
- Participate in regular safe start-ups and shutdowns of operating systems.
- Must be an effective leader and have positive influence on hourly workforce.
- Troubleshoot process equipment and communicate any issues to I&E and Maintenance.
- Direct reports include 5 Shift Supervisors and 1 Production Coordinator.
- Prior knowledge of Industrial Operations and transfer systems
- Possess mathematical and scientific aptitude and the patience to pursue complex problems methodically
- Able to exercise independent judgment prior to consultation with Management
- Must have a hands-on approach and strong work ethic
- Able to Strong motivational, organizational, and interpersonal/communication skills are required.
- Pass employment physical and drug testing
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma, degree in a Technical discipline preferred or equivalent work experience
- Experience in an Industrial environment, Fertilizer manufacturing experience is a plus
- Able to drive a safe work culture and comply with EHS requirements
- Must have above average oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work well with others and be self-directed with only general supervision
- Basic computer skills
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to maintain focus
- Detail Oriented
- Effectively communicate and understand job instructions both verbally and written
- Ability to perform basic mathematical computations. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Ability to lift 50 lbs. when required. While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, climb ladders, and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
This is an Industrial setting – while performing the duties of this job, the employee is potentially exposed to chemicals, fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The ability to wear a respirator is a requirement. Proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) will be provided and must be worn. Physical work environment is frequently outdoors with exposure to varying temperatures from below 32 degrees to above 85 degrees Fahrenheit.