Plant City, FL
Quality Control Technician
Anuvia Plant Nutrients Corporation (“Anuvia”) operates a sustainable fertilizer manufacturing plant
which has established Anuvia as an industry leader in the manufacture of organically enhanced
inorganic fertilizers. The Anuvia process utilizes conventional granular fertilizer technology
enhanced by addition of its’ proprietary technology for organics processing to create a high-value,
organic enhanced commercial fertilizer product. Our product nutrient concentrations for
nitrogen-phosphorus-potassium- sulfur-iron-organics (N-P-K-S-Fe-Org) exceed the nutrient levels of
most organics-containing products.
Quality control technicians are responsible for testing materials and finished products to ensure
they conform to all applicable laws and company standards. Quality control technicians test
products across the three stages of production (before, in-process, and final) to ensure quality
levels are met.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Develop and maintain inspection reports
• Ensure compliance to federal and state laws, as well as company standards and
• Comply with OSHA and Anuvia safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work
• Follows all safety procedures and Chemical Hygiene Plan.
• Conduct laboratory QC operations safely, including testing, analyses, and reporting.
• Testing will include sampling, compositing, and processing and storage of samples.
• Analyses will include common nutrients such as total N, total S, total P, total K,
• Comprehension of analysis of organics.
• Maintain calibration of quality control equipment
• Perform inspections across all stages of production
• Prepare and maintain test data for review
• Evaluate data and draft reports, noting any relevant deviations from existing
• Identify areas for quality control improvement and implement new methods accordingly
• Communicate quality or compliance concerns with urgency
• Associates Degree in Chemistry or related
• Solid understanding of test equipment (ICP, Combustion analyzer, TOC, UV-Vis, pH and
• Preferred 2-5 years of laboratory and/or production experience
• Strong working knowledge of various mathematical concepts
• Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• Excellent organizational skills
• Demonstrated ability to analyze and interpret information
• Prior experience with fertilizer laboratory a plus
• Microsoft Office competency
• Working Off Shifts / Night Shift or Rotating Shift work
Effectively communicate and understand job instructions both verbally and written in English
Ability to lift 50 lbs. when required. While performing the duties of the job, the employee is
regularly required to stand, walk, climb ladders, and reach with hands and arms. Must be able to
pass a comprehensive physical examination including but not limited to vision, hearing and
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne
particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment can be
loud. Proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) will be provided and must be worn.