Plant City, FL
Anuvia Plant Nutrients is an innovative sustainable fertilizer startup company based in Florida which is focused on a patented approach to being environmentally, socially, and economically sustainable. Anuvia is looking for an experienced Quality Manager to lead our Quality Assurance Laboratory and build the company’s overall quality program based on continuous improvement methodologies. This role functions at our Plant City Location and is a key member of the leadership team. The successful candidate will be able to improve our industrial processes to maintain efficiency, reduce cost, improve sustainability, and maximize profitability.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (include the following, however, other duties may apply.)
- Responsible for Leading and developing the Quality Assurance Laboratory functions at Plant City.
- Manage the process to develop, configure, and optimize the Anuvia Quality Program.
- Establish and lead the continuous improvement quality process.
o Put processes in place for to take measurements, interpret data and drive improvement.
o Provide process documentation and operating instructions.
o Achieve ISO certification
- Work cooperatively with the manufacturing teams, engineering, and R&D to achieve goals and accomplish key projects
- Manage cost and time constraints.
- Comply with OSHA, EPA and Anuvia EHS regulations.
Direct leadership responsibilities of the Quality Assurance Laboratory functions
- Experienced lead with proven ability to drive improvement in the manufacturing environment.
- Successfully work in QC laboratory, process chemistry and engineering.
- Excellent team and communications skills.
- Knowledge of process related standards.
- Instrumentation and automation knowledge a plus.
- Experienced with compliance related to environmental, health and safety regulations.
- Analytical thinker with strong interpersonal skills.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- BS degree in Chemistry, Engineering or similar
- 5 years of related experience
- Proven leadership and continuous improvement skills
- Can successfully work in a cross-functional environment.
- Ability to maintain focus as an individual and drive the team forward.
- Process oriented
- Project management skills
- Eye for details
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Ability to lift 50 lbs. when required. While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, climb ladders, and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is potentially exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The ability to wear a respirator is a requirement. Proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) will be provided and must be worn.