Plant City, FL
Anuvia is currently seeking a Research Associate to be an essential part of the Anuvia team. The successful candidate will be responsible for operating the quality control (“QC”) laboratory for Anuvia, be involved in multiple R&D projects and assist in operating the Anuvia demonstration plant facility. This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious, motivated person.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Participates as a research team member in development or research projects.
- Conducts experiments using appropriate research and laboratory equipment.
- Identifies and labels samples meant for storage; stores in appropriate locations.
- Records results from tests and experiments according to laboratory procedure.
- Reports unusual or unexpected results to head scientist or engineer.
- Maintains and cleans testing equipment in the laboratory.
- Replaces equipment components that are worn or damaged.
- Maintains laboratory inventory, requesting and replacing worn, damaged, or empty items.
- Assists with the development of project goals and financial parameters for specific work assignments.
- Adheres to federal, state, local, and organizational laws, regulations, and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Proactive in all aspects of safety and risk management programs.
- Research, update, and complete manuals, and technical information for all quality control operations.
- Prepare scope of work for modifications or new projects when required.
- Train plant personnel in proper sampling procedures, operation of QC and R&D equipment and QC record keeping when requested by the Lab Manager.
- Excellent data analytics skills with the ability to prepare accurate reports of results.
- Thorough understanding of laboratory best practices.
- Ability to operate laboratory equipment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Prior experience with fertilizer laboratory a plus.
B.S. degree (preferably in chemistry, or chemical engineering)
Analytical chemistry training, especially ICP experience, is a plus.
Effectively communicate and understand job instructions both verbally and written in English language.
Ability to lift 50 lbs. when required. While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, climb ladders and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment can be loud. Proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) will be provided and must be worn.